Long Beach State Tennis Set for Three Matches This Week
The Beach will host a pair of non-conference matches on Tuesday and Friday, before welcoming BWC foe UC Davis on Saturday
LONG BEACH – The Long Beach State women’s tennis team has a busy schedule on tap this week. The Beach will host Penn on Tuesday, March 6 at 2 p.m., before welcoming Furman on Friday, March 9 at 12 noon. LBSU will close out the week with a Big West Conference contest against UC Davis on Saturday, March 10 at 11 a.m. All three matches will be played at Rhodes Tennis Center.
LAST TIME OUT
• Long Beach State turned in a solid outing last week as the Beach defeated Big West rival UC Irvine, 6-0.
• The Beach played strong all around against the Anteaters as they swept through singles action in convincing fashion.
• The Beach were leading in doubles competition, but were unable to finish due to inclement weather.
• Despite the rain-shortened match, Long Beach State’s dominating performance in singles earned the Beach a victory.
ABOUT THE BEACH
• Long Beach State comes into the week with a 4-5 overall record and is 2-1 in Big West Conference action.
• In conference matches, the Beach are led by sophomore Natalia Munoz who boasts a 3-0 league record in singles matches.
• Also undefeated in singles conference matches are Carlota Casasampere (2-0) and Georgia Gulin (1-0).
• Senior Lena Pacholski has been solid in the No. 1 spot for the Beach as she owns a singles record of 5-3 overall and is 2-1 in Big West action.
ACROSS THE NET – PENN
• Penn comes into the match against Long Beach State with a 5-6 overall record.
• The Quakers have lost their last two matches against Old Dominion, 7-0, and Loyola Marymount, 4-3.
• The match at Long Beach State will be the Quakers’ second in their four-match southern California road swing which includes stops at Pepperdine and UC Santa Barbara.
ACROSS THE NET – FURMAN
• Furman brings a 6-6 overall record into the match at the Beach.
• The Paladins have won their last two matches in convincing fashion, defeating Emmanuel (Ga.), 6-1, then shutting out USC Upstate, 7-0.
• Katarina Kozarov plays No. 1 for the Paladins and owns a 7-4 singles record.
• In doubles, Carol Elizabeth Kerman and Georgie Walker are 3-0 on the year.
ACROSS THE NET – UC DAVIS
• UC Davis owns a 9-3 overall record and 3-1 in Big West Conference action.
• The Aggies have won their last two matches over Cal Poly, 4-3, and CSUN, 4-0.
• Their only conference loss came at UC Santa Barbara, 4-0, on February 24.
• Nikita Pradeep has been on-point for the Aggies this season boasting a 10-0 record in singles action.
• Following Long Beach State’s three matches this week, the Beach will welcome Purdue to Rhodes Tennis Center on Saturday, March 17 at 11 a.m.
Official Online Store
5/2/2018 - W. Tennis
Beach Tennis has Four Players Named to Big West All-Conference Team
4/30/2018 - W. Tennis
Long Beach State Women's Tennis Signs Four for Fall 2018
4/27/2018 - W. Tennis
Long Beach State Drops 4-1 Decision to Hawaii in Big West Quarterfinals
4/25/2018 - W. Tennis
Long Beach State Tennis Set to Face Hawaii in Big West Tournament Quarterfinals
4/20/2018 - W. Tennis