Nov. 16, 2012
LONG BEACH - Long Beach State senior forward Nadia Link is one of three nominees for the L.A. Soccer News Women's College Player of the Year award and a regional nominee for the Soccer News Net Women's College Boot, recognizing the national player of the year.
Fans from across the country will be able to vote for the top collegiate player. Voting is open until Saturday, Dec. 15. Online fan voting will account for 40 percent of the total toward the award. The remaining 60 percent of the vote will be cast by the Soccer News Net editorial staff.
The winner of the popular vote will also receive the Soccer News Net Supporter's Choice Award.
Link recently wrapped up one of the greatest careers in program history. In 2012, she claimed her second-consecutive All-America nod and Big West Offensive Player of the Year award as she led the 49ers to their third-straight NCAA Tournament appearance. The Walnut, Calif., native finished her senior campaign with eight goals and a conference-leading nine assists and 25 points.
As a junior, Link established an LBSU single-season record 16 goals, while also compiling a career-best 10 assists.
During Link's four-year career, Long Beach State claimed back-to-back Big West Tournament titles (2011, 2012) and made three NCAA Tournament appearances (2010-12), including an unprecedented run to the Elite Eight in 2011. Link is a two-time Big West Offensive Player of the Year and three-time first-team All-Big West selection.
Link will leave Long Beach State ranked among the all-time top five in goals (T2nd, 32), game-winning goals (2nd, 13), shots (3rd, 210), points (T3rd, 84) and assists (5th, 20).
- 2016 Season
- Printable Schedule
- In Pictures
- Photo Galleries
- Media Guides
A Look Back at the 2015 LBSU Women's Soccer Season12/09/2015 - W. Soccer
The Long Beach State women's soccer team (12-7-3) put together another championship season in...
Beach Soccer Places Three on NSCAA All-West...12/03/2015 - W. Soccer
Junior midfielder Mimi Rangel and sophomore forward Ashley Gonzales were both named to the NSCAA ...
LBSU Falls at No. 12 Santa Clara in NCAA First ...11/14/2015 - W. Soccer
After a hard-fought 90 minutes, the Long Beach State women's soccer team's season came to an end ...
LBSU Heads to Santa Clara for NCAA First Round11/11/2015 - W. Soccer
The Long Beach State women's soccer team will be making its fifth NCAA Tournament appearance in...
Beach Soccer Draws Santa Clara in NCAA Tournament11/09/2015 - W. Soccer
The Long Beach State women's soccer team earned one of 33 at-large bids to the NCAA Division I...
LBSU Soccer Falls to Fullerton, 1-0, in Big...11/08/2015 - W. Soccer
The top-seeded Long Beach State women’s soccer team dropped a tough 1-0 decision to No. 3...