Dec. 5, 2012
Long Beach, Calif. - Season tickets are now on sale for the 2013 Long Beach State baseball season, which will see the Dirtbags host defending champions Arizona, Wichita State, USC, UCLA, and Cal State Fullerton in non-conference games before facing another strong Big West schedule, including new member Hawai'i.
The Dirtbags return seven starters, including senior All-Big West third baseman Juan Avila, as well as two second-team All-Big West pitchers in closer Kyle Friedrichs and reliever Jon Maciel, and an honorable mention starter in Ryan Strufing. Long Beach State was one game away from the Big West Championship a season ago, and features a strong recruiting class to supplement the veteran returners.
Long Beach State opens the home schedule on Tuesday, February 19 against Arizona, part of a two-game midweek series against the Wildcats.
For more information, contact the Walter Pyramid Box Office at (562) 985-4949 or purchase online at www.longbeachstate.com.
- Baseball Camps
- Dirtbags Summer Youth Baseball Camp I - June 19-23
- Dirtbags Summer Youth Baseball Camp II - June 26-30
- Dirtbags Summer Youth Baseball Camp III - July 6-8
- Dirtbags Summer Youth Baseball Camp IV - July 10-14
- Dirtbags Summer Youth Baseball Camp V - July 17-21
- Dirtbags Summer Youth Baseball Camp VI - July 24-28
- Dirtbags Summer Youth Baseball Camp VII - July 31-Aug. 4
- Dirtbags Summer Youth Baseball Camp VIII - Aug. 7-11
- Dirtbag Baseball
- What is a Dirtbag?
- Dirtbags in the Majors
- Team History
- Blair Field
- Ticket Information
- Beach Magazine Feature on Dirtbags in MLB
- Dirtbags Baseball Alumni Video
- MLB.com on Dirtbag Infielders
- Major Leaguers All-Time Gallery
- 1998 CWS Reunion
- Related Links
- Baseball America
- Collegiate Baseball
- Minor League Baseball
- Major Leagues
- USA Baseball
- Media Guides
No. 7 Long Beach State Closes Home Slate vs....05/18/2017 - Baseball
The Dirtbags welcome Hawai’i to Blair Field this weekend, closing out the regular season...
David Banuelos Named Semifinalist for Johnny...05/18/2017 - Baseball
Junior catcher David Banuelos has been named a semifinalist for the Johnny Bench Award, which is ...
Relentless Dirtbags Attack Keys 9-1 Win at...05/14/2017 - Baseball
No. 8 Long Beach State scored in seven of nine innings and had all 10 batters reach base safely...
Dirtbags Drop Game Two at Minnesota, 12-605/13/2017 - Baseball
A nine-run sixth inning led Minnesota to a 12-6 win over No. 8 Long Beach State on Saturday...
LBSU Grinds Out 3-2 Win in Series Opener at...05/12/2017 - Baseball
No. 8 Long Beach State pulled out a narrow 3-2 victory on the road at Minnesota, taking the...
No. 8 Dirtbags Face Non-Conference Test at...05/11/2017 - Baseball
Long Beach State will play a three-game non-conference series at defending Big Ten champion...