Ino Patron, along with Jeff McNeil, will be playing in the Cape this summer.
June 19, 2012
Long Beach, Calif. - Sophomores Ino Patron and Jeff McNeil will each be playing in the prestigious Cape Cod League this summer, two of ten Long Beach State baseball players who have been assigned to amateur baseball for the summer.
Patron and McNeil will continue a tradition of Long Beach State having players participate in the Cape Cod League. Other the last two years, the Dirtbags have had two players, Matt Duffy and Andrew Gagnon, earn Cape Cod League All-Star appearances, and Evan Longoria rose to stardom at the Cape, earning MVP honors before being selected third overall by the Tampa Bay Rays following the 2006 season. Patron will be playing for the Chatham Anglers while McNeil will play for the Brewster Whitecaps.
The Cape Cod League is a wood bat league that welcomes some of the top players in the nation, but there are other excellent summer leagues that will host Dirtbag players during the offseason. Both Richard Prigatano and Jake Stassi will play for the LaCrosse Loggers of the Northwoods League in the Midwest, while Josh Guerra will be in the outfield for the Alexandria Beetles in the same league.
Locally, the team will also keep three players in Southern California to pick up additional work over the course of the summer. Josh Frye will pitch for the Long Beach Legends, while Michael Hill and Landon Hunt will play for the California Collegiate League. Hill will be a member of the Orange County Pioneers, while Hunt will pitch for the Conejo Oaks.
Follow each team with the links below:
- Josh Frye - Long Beach Legends, SCCBL
- Josh Guerra - Alexandria Beetles, Northwoods League
- Michael Hill - Orange County Pioneers, California Collegiate League
- Landon Hunt - Conejo Oaks, California Collegiate League
- Jon Maciel - Peninsula Oilers, Alaska Baseball League
- Jeff McNeil - Brewster Whitecaps, Cape Cod League
- Ino Patron - Chatham Anglers, Cape Cod League
- Richard Prigatano - La Crosse Loggers, Northwoods League
- Jake Stassi - La Crosse Loggers, Northwoods League
- Jeff Yamaguchi - Peninsula Oilers, Alaska Baseball League
- Baseball Camps
- 2016 Youth Baseball Summer Camps - June 6-Aug. 8
- 2016 Middle School Summer Camp - July 6
- Dirtbag Baseball
- What is a Dirtbag?
- Dirtbags in the Majors
- Team History
- Blair Field
- Ticket Information
- Beach Magazine Feature on Dirtbags in MLB
- Dirtbags Baseball Alumni Video
- MLB.com on Dirtbag Infielders
- Major Leaguers All-Time Gallery
- 1998 CWS Reunion
- Related Links
- Baseball America
- Collegiate Baseball
- Minor League Baseball
- Major Leagues
- USA Baseball
- Media Guides
Mathewson Selected To Baseball America's...06/22/2015 - Baseball
More postseason accolades rolled in for Long Beach State starting pitcher Chris Mathewson as he...
Lombana Drafted By The Twins In The 25th Round ...06/10/2015 - Baseball
Long Beach State junior pitcher Logan Lombana was selected by the Minnesota Twins in the 25th...
Friedrichs Selected By A's In Seventh Round...06/09/2015 - Baseball
Long Beach State senior pitcher Kyle Friedrichs was selected by the Oakland A's in the seventh...
Mathewson Earns More Freshman All-America...06/08/2015 - Baseball
Starting pitcher Chris Mathewson took home another accolade on Monday as the National Collegiate ...
Dirtbags Trio Honored As Freshmen All-Americans06/03/2015 - Baseball
The Long Beach State Dirtbags freshmen trio of Chris Mathewson, Luke Rasmussen and Brock...
Friedrichs Named Semifinalist For 2015 Gregg...06/01/2015 - Baseball
Long Beach State senior Kyle Friedrichs has been named a semifinalist for the Gregg Olson Award. ...