June 19, 2012
Long Beach, Calif. - Sophomores Ino Patron and Jeff McNeil will each be playing in the prestigious Cape Cod League this summer, two of ten Long Beach State baseball players who have been assigned to amateur baseball for the summer.
Patron and McNeil will continue a tradition of Long Beach State having players participate in the Cape Cod League. Other the last two years, the Dirtbags have had two players, Matt Duffy and Andrew Gagnon, earn Cape Cod League All-Star appearances, and Evan Longoria rose to stardom at the Cape, earning MVP honors before being selected third overall by the Tampa Bay Rays following the 2006 season. Patron will be playing for the Chatham Anglers while McNeil will play for the Brewster Whitecaps.
The Cape Cod League is a wood bat league that welcomes some of the top players in the nation, but there are other excellent summer leagues that will host Dirtbag players during the offseason. Both Richard Prigatano and Jake Stassi will play for the LaCrosse Loggers of the Northwoods League in the Midwest, while Josh Guerra will be in the outfield for the Alexandria Beetles in the same league.
Locally, the team will also keep three players in Southern California to pick up additional work over the course of the summer. Josh Frye will pitch for the Long Beach Legends, while Michael Hill and Landon Hunt will play for the California Collegiate League. Hill will be a member of the Orange County Pioneers, while Hunt will pitch for the Conejo Oaks.
Follow each team with the links below:
- Josh Frye - Long Beach Legends, SCCBL
- Josh Guerra - Alexandria Beetles, Northwoods League
- Michael Hill - Orange County Pioneers, California Collegiate League
- Landon Hunt - Conejo Oaks, California Collegiate League
- Jon Maciel - Peninsula Oilers, Alaska Baseball League
- Jeff McNeil - Brewster Whitecaps, Cape Cod League
- Ino Patron - Chatham Anglers, Cape Cod League
- Richard Prigatano - La Crosse Loggers, Northwoods League
- Jake Stassi - La Crosse Loggers, Northwoods League
- Jeff Yamaguchi - Peninsula Oilers, Alaska Baseball League
- Baseball Camps
- Dirtbags Summer Youth Baseball Camp I - June 19-23
- Dirtbags Summer Youth Baseball Camp II - June 26-30
- Dirtbags Summer Youth Baseball Camp III - July 6-8
- Dirtbags Summer Youth Baseball Camp IV - July 10-14
- Dirtbags Summer Youth Baseball Camp V - July 17-21
- Dirtbags Summer Youth Baseball Camp VI - July 24-28
- Dirtbags Summer Youth Baseball Camp VII - July 31-Aug. 4
- Dirtbags Summer Youth Baseball Camp VIII - Aug. 7-11
- Dirtbag Baseball
- What is a Dirtbag?
- Dirtbags in the Majors
- Team History
- Blair Field
- Ticket Information
- Beach Magazine Feature on Dirtbags in MLB
- Dirtbags Baseball Alumni Video
- MLB.com on Dirtbag Infielders
- Major Leaguers All-Time Gallery
- 1998 CWS Reunion
- Related Links
- Baseball America
- Collegiate Baseball
- Minor League Baseball
- Major Leagues
- USA Baseball
- Media Guides
Trio of Dirtbags Adorn ABCA West All-Region Team06/14/2017 - Baseball
Long Beach State had three players included on the ABCA/Rawlings West All-Region Team, with...
Three Dirtbags Named Honorable Mention All-Amer...06/14/2017 - Baseball
Long Beach State had three players named Honorable Mention All-American on Wednesday, as juniors ...
Brock Lundquist Drafted In 6th Round by Toronto...06/13/2017 - Baseball
Junior outfielder Brock Lundquist was selected in the 6th Round of the 2017 Major League Baseball...
David Banuelos Drafted by Seattle Mariners in...06/13/2017 - Baseball
All-American catcher David Banuelos was selected by the Seattle Mariners in the 5th Round of the ...
Dirtbags Season Ends with 2-1 Super Regional...06/11/2017 - Baseball
Long Beach State and Cal State Fullerton combined for just three runs on six hits on Sunday, with...
Dirtbags Drop Game Two of Super Regional to...06/10/2017 - Baseball
Led by a seven-run third inning, Cal State Fullerton picked up a 12-0 victory on Saturday...