June 19, 2012
Long Beach, Calif. - Sophomores Ino Patron and Jeff McNeil will each be playing in the prestigious Cape Cod League this summer, two of ten Long Beach State baseball players who have been assigned to amateur baseball for the summer.
Patron and McNeil will continue a tradition of Long Beach State having players participate in the Cape Cod League. Other the last two years, the Dirtbags have had two players, Matt Duffy and Andrew Gagnon, earn Cape Cod League All-Star appearances, and Evan Longoria rose to stardom at the Cape, earning MVP honors before being selected third overall by the Tampa Bay Rays following the 2006 season. Patron will be playing for the Chatham Anglers while McNeil will play for the Brewster Whitecaps.
The Cape Cod League is a wood bat league that welcomes some of the top players in the nation, but there are other excellent summer leagues that will host Dirtbag players during the offseason. Both Richard Prigatano and Jake Stassi will play for the LaCrosse Loggers of the Northwoods League in the Midwest, while Josh Guerra will be in the outfield for the Alexandria Beetles in the same league.
Locally, the team will also keep three players in Southern California to pick up additional work over the course of the summer. Josh Frye will pitch for the Long Beach Legends, while Michael Hill and Landon Hunt will play for the California Collegiate League. Hill will be a member of the Orange County Pioneers, while Hunt will pitch for the Conejo Oaks.
Follow each team with the links below:
- Josh Frye - Long Beach Legends, SCCBL
- Josh Guerra - Alexandria Beetles, Northwoods League
- Michael Hill - Orange County Pioneers, California Collegiate League
- Landon Hunt - Conejo Oaks, California Collegiate League
- Jon Maciel - Peninsula Oilers, Alaska Baseball League
- Jeff McNeil - Brewster Whitecaps, Cape Cod League
- Ino Patron - Chatham Anglers, Cape Cod League
- Richard Prigatano - La Crosse Loggers, Northwoods League
- Jake Stassi - La Crosse Loggers, Northwoods League
- Jeff Yamaguchi - Peninsula Oilers, Alaska Baseball League
- Baseball Camps
- 2016 GameDay Prospect Camp (9th Grade & Up) - Dec. 3
- 2016 Youth Hitting Camps - Dec. 5-26
- 2016 Youth Winter Camp - Dec. 26-30
- 2017 Dirtbags Youth Hitting Camps - Jan. 8-29
- 2017 Dirtbags High School Hitting Camps - Jan. 9 - Feb. 13
- Dirtbag Baseball
- What is a Dirtbag?
- Dirtbags in the Majors
- Team History
- Blair Field
- Ticket Information
- Beach Magazine Feature on Dirtbags in MLB
- Dirtbags Baseball Alumni Video
- MLB.com on Dirtbag Infielders
- Major Leaguers All-Time Gallery
- 1998 CWS Reunion
- Related Links
- Baseball America
- Collegiate Baseball
- Minor League Baseball
- Major Leagues
- USA Baseball
- Media Guides
Banuelos Powers Dirtbags to 8-5 Win vs. Fullerton03/25/2017 - Baseball
Long Beach State clinched a series victory over rival Cal State Fullerton on Saturday, scoring...
Three-Run Eighth Sparks Dirtbags Win Over...03/24/2017 - Baseball
Long Beach State was able to put up a pair of crooked numbers on Friday night, using a three-run ...
LBSU Hosts No. 5 Cal State Fullerton in Rivalry...03/23/2017 - Baseball
Long Beach State will renew its rivalry with Cal State Fullerton this weekend at Blair Field, as ...
Dirtbags Unveil Updated Locker Room03/23/2017 - Baseball
Thanks to the generosity of donors and supporters of Long Beach State Baseball, the Dirtbags have...
Spring Conference Television Schedule Announced...03/22/2017 - Baseball
Long Beach State’s diamond rivalries will feature prominently in the spring television...
LBSU Suffers Midweek Loss at San Diego State, 12-503/21/2017 - Baseball
San Diego State swept the season series against the Dirtbags with a 12-5 win on Tuesday night in ...