(562) 985-4974 - tsoares@beachsportsproperties
Benefit from California's 2nd-largest campus
Home to 39,000+ students, faculty and staff, Long Beach State is located on the border of Los Angeles and Orange County. The University celebrated its 60th Anniversary in 2009-10.
Notable alums include: Steve Martin, Steven Spielberg, Denise Austin, Richard and Karen Carpenter, Bobby Hatfield and Stu Rosen.
49ers Fans are LOYAL
87% of Long Beach State fans stated that they would patronize a business or organization first if they supported 49er Athletics
Access to impactful numbers
- More than 40,000 students, faculty and staff
- More than 3.75 million annual multimedia (website, Internet) visitors
- Nearly 200,000 fans each year
Where do our Students come from?
75% of enrolled Long Beach State students come from Los Angeles or Orange County
Where do our Alumni Live?
Over 147,164 Alumni (61.5% of graduates) live and/or work in Los Angeles or Orange County. Over 28,000 live within five miles of campus and over 89,000 live within 15 miles of campus.
Attendance on the RISE
- Men's Basketball
- Ranked 1st in the Big West Conference for average home attendance in 2009-10
- 5 nationally-televised home games in 2010-11 season
- Largest single-game attendance in the history of Long Beach State Athletics on November 13, 2010
Fox Sports West (#4) and Prime Ticket (#7) are two of the most regionally-viewed sports channels in the United States (data from Sports Business Journal)
- Women's Basketball
- Ranked 2nd in the Big West Conference for average home attendance in 2009-10
- Back-to-back NCAA Pack the House Champions
- Largest single-game attendance in the history of the women's basketball program in 2009-10
- Student Attendance at Pyramid games
- Has risen each of the last six years
- Student Section: The Maniacs
Sports, Championships and Olympic/Professional Success
An NCAA Division I member, Long Beach State sponsors 18 sports teams. The university is a founding member of the Big West Conference and also competes in the Mountain West Sports Federation (MPSF) for water polo and men's volleyball.
The athletic program has had significant success in competitive action, capturing five national titles, several national championship appearances and conference titles, which have led to both national and professional success for 49er student athletes.
More than 200 former LBSU student-athletes have competed in the Olympic Games. Over 120 former 49ers have played professionally.
Notable athletics alumni include Misty May-Treanor, Evan Longoria, Troy Tulowitzki, Jered Weaver, Jason Giambi, Ed Ratleff, Lucious Harris and Bryon Russell.
Official Online Store
12/9/2017 - M. Basketball
Long Beach State Runs Past Pepperdine On The Road
12/8/2017 - M. Basketball
LBSU Men's Basketball To Face Pepperdine On Saturday
12/7/2017 - W. Basketball
Merriweather, Wilson Notch Double-Doubles in LBSU Win Over Grand Canyon
12/7/2017 - M. Volleyball
Men’s Volleyball Chosen Second in AVCA Preseason Poll
12/7/2017 - Softball