Welcome to the Life Skills program at Long Beach State!
OUR MISSION? Enable student-athletes to grow. Empower student-athletes to succeed.
- The purpose of the Long Beach State Life Skills program is to provide student athletes the opportunity to develop holistically as individuals, pursue positive opportunities and to have confidence in their abilities as they face the future through a variety of programs and workshops that encourage emotional well-being, leadership, and personal and professional growth.
Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
WHAT IS IT?
- SAAC is the collective voice of the student-athlete voice within the NCAA structure to proposed NCAA legislation and any potential recommended NCAA legislation. SAAC is there to actively participate in the administrative process of the athletics programs and the NCAA.
- The mission of the California State University, Long Beach Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to create and maintain a campus environment consistent with the needs and desires of the student-athlete community. The CSULB SAAC aims to create and protect both the opportunity and the freedom of the student-athlete community to pave their own path at the university en route to achieving their own goals for the future. To fulfill the mission, SAAC will:
- Reciprocate support to the campus and the surrounding community;
- Provide student-athletes with opportunities to develop the skills and relationships necessary to achieve a competitive advantage in their professional field of choice;
- Strengthen the camaraderie of the student-athlete community by fostering the development of new student-athlete relationships as well as enhancing existing ones;
- Provide a voice for the student-athlete to the Administration regarding their welfare and needs;
- Promote efficient communication between the CSULB Athletic Department Administration and the student-athlete population; and
- Give the student-athlete a voice within the NCAA structure on proposed NCAA legislation and any potentially recommended NCAA legislation.
Long Beach State Hosts UC Santa Barbara in...02/17/2017 - W. Basketball
Long Beach State welcomes UC Santa Barbara to the Walter Pyramid for a Saturday, Feb. 18 contest ...
Dirtbags Offense Arrives Too Late in Opening...02/17/2017 - Baseball
Long Beach State struggled against Oklahoma starting pitcher Jake Irvin, and only had one...
Saturday’s Softball Games Canceled; Three...02/17/2017 - Softball
Due to heavy rains in Southern California, all three softball games planned to be played on...
Beach Basketball To Play UCSB On The Road Saturday02/17/2017 - M. Basketball
Long Beach State will take its next to last road trip of the season, heading up to the Central...
Beach Athletics All-Access Episode 11: Andy Sythe02/17/2017 - General Release
Catch the latest episode of Beach Athletics All-Access, a podcast where we speak at greater...
Long Beach State Falls Short at Cal Poly, 69-6702/17/2017 - W. Basketball
Long Beach State’s rally came up short as the Beach dropped a two-point contest at Cal Poly...
Player of the Week
Gertz Sets Single Game 3-Point Record In 29 Point Effort
Jessica Gertz turned in a career-best and school-record breaking performance as she drained nine 3-pointers on her way to a career-high 29 points in her first-ever 20-point game. Her nine treys mark the most made-three pointers in program history.
NEXT GAME: Thursday, February 16 vs. at Cal Poly - San Luis Obispo, Calif.
LAST WEEK'S WINNER: Anna Kim, Women's Basketball