Welcome to the Life Skills program at Long Beach State!
OUR MISSION? Enable student-athletes to grow. Empower student-athletes to succeed.
- The purpose of the Long Beach State Life Skills program is to provide student athletes the opportunity to develop holistically as individuals, pursue positive opportunities and to have confidence in their abilities as they face the future through a variety of programs and workshops that encourage emotional well-being, leadership, and personal and professional growth.
Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
WHAT IS IT?
- SAAC is the collective voice of the student-athlete voice within the NCAA structure to proposed NCAA legislation and any potential recommended NCAA legislation. SAAC is there to actively participate in the administrative process of the athletics programs and the NCAA.
- The mission of the California State University, Long Beach Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to create and maintain a campus environment consistent with the needs and desires of the student-athlete community. The CSULB SAAC aims to create and protect both the opportunity and the freedom of the student-athlete community to pave their own path at the university en route to achieving their own goals for the future. To fulfill the mission, SAAC will:
- Reciprocate support to the campus and the surrounding community;
- Provide student-athletes with opportunities to develop the skills and relationships necessary to achieve a competitive advantage in their professional field of choice;
- Strengthen the camaraderie of the student-athlete community by fostering the development of new student-athlete relationships as well as enhancing existing ones;
- Provide a voice for the student-athlete to the Administration regarding their welfare and needs;
- Promote efficient communication between the CSULB Athletic Department Administration and the student-athlete population; and
- Give the student-athlete a voice within the NCAA structure on proposed NCAA legislation and any potentially recommended NCAA legislation.
Beach Tennis Concludes Play at Southwest Regionals10/22/2016 - W. Tennis
Long Beach State finished up play at the 2016 ITA Southwest Regionals on Saturday, led by a pair ...
No. 6 Long Beach State Falls to No. 3 USC10/22/2016 - M. Water Polo
Long Beach State got off to a good start and held a 3-2 lead after the first quarter, but USC...
Women's Golf Set To Play At Las Vegas...10/22/2016 - W. Golf
The Long Beach State women's golf team is set to play in their last tournament of the fall season...
Long Beach State Comes Back to Stun UCSB in Five10/21/2016 - W. Volleyball
The Beach trailed 2-0 on the road, but stormed back to win the final three sets over UC Santa...
Helgo, Razakasoa Score Nice Wins at Southwest...10/21/2016 - W. Tennis
On day two of the 2016 ITA Southwest Regionals, Long Beach State freshman Maren Helgo scored a...
Ashley Gonzales With A Goal And An Assist Leads...10/21/2016 - W. Soccer
Facing a tough road challenge, Long Beach State got a lift from junior Ashley Gonzales, who...
Player of the Week
Gonzales Pulls Soccer One Step Closer To The Big West Tournament
Junior Ashley Gonzales was involved in both goals in a critical win at UC Davis, assisting the first before scoring the game-winner in the final 15 minutes.
NEXT GAME: Thursday, October 27 at UC Riverside
LAST WEEK'S WINNER: Ashley Murray, Women's Volleyball