Welcome to the Life Skills program at Long Beach State!
OUR MISSION? Enable student-athletes to grow. Empower student-athletes to succeed.
- The purpose of the Long Beach State Life Skills program is to provide student athletes the opportunity to develop holistically as individuals, pursue positive opportunities and to have confidence in their abilities as they face the future through a variety of programs and workshops that encourage emotional well-being, leadership, and personal and professional growth.
Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
WHAT IS IT?
- SAAC is the collective voice of the student-athlete voice within the NCAA structure to proposed NCAA legislation and any potential recommended NCAA legislation. SAAC is there to actively participate in the administrative process of the athletics programs and the NCAA.
- The mission of the California State University, Long Beach Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to create and maintain a campus environment consistent with the needs and desires of the student-athlete community. The CSULB SAAC aims to create and protect both the opportunity and the freedom of the student-athlete community to pave their own path at the university en route to achieving their own goals for the future. To fulfill the mission, SAAC will:
- Reciprocate support to the campus and the surrounding community;
- Provide student-athletes with opportunities to develop the skills and relationships necessary to achieve a competitive advantage in their professional field of choice;
- Strengthen the camaraderie of the student-athlete community by fostering the development of new student-athlete relationships as well as enhancing existing ones;
- Provide a voice for the student-athlete to the Administration regarding their welfare and needs;
- Promote efficient communication between the CSULB Athletic Department Administration and the student-athlete population; and
- Give the student-athlete a voice within the NCAA structure on proposed NCAA legislation and any potentially recommended NCAA legislation.
LONG BEACH STATE’S RALLY COMES UP SHORT...01/19/2017 - W. Basketball
The Long Beach State women’s basketball team suffered its first loss in Big West Conference...
LONG BEACH STATE HEADS TO UC SANTA BARBARA,...01/19/2017 - W. Basketball
Long Beach State continues Big West Conference action as the Beach travel to UC Santa Barbara for...
NO. 4 LBSU HANDS NO. 5 HAWAII FIRST LOSS OF THE...01/18/2017 - M. Volleyball
The fourth-ranked Long Beach State men’s volleyball team rallied after being down two sets ...
NO. 4 LONG BEACH STATE SET FOR HOME OPENER...01/17/2017 - M. Volleyball
The fourth-ranked Long Beach State men’s volleyball team will host No. 5 Hawaii in the home...
Long Beach State Returns To Walter Pyramid To...01/17/2017 - M. Basketball
The Beach is back in the Walter Pyramid this Thursday, hosting UC Santa Barbara at 7:30 p.m. The ...
Long Beach State Loses Overtime Heartbreaker In...01/15/2017 - M. Basketball
Justin Bibbins sank two free throws to give Long Beach State a two-point lead with 3.1 seconds...
Player of the Week
Raven Benton Becomes The 13th Women's Basketball Player With 1,000 Points, 500 Rebounds At The Beach
Raven Benton joined the 1,000 point-500 rebound club after notching five rebounds and 12 points at UC Davis as she helped Long Beach State to a 64-51 road win. LBSU is unbeaten to start conference play.
NEXT GAME: Thursday, January 19 at UC Santa Barbara - Santa Barbara, Calif.
LAST WEEK'S WINNER: Madison Montgomery, Women's Basketball