Welcome to the Life Skills program at Long Beach State!
OUR MISSION? Enable student-athletes to grow. Empower student-athletes to succeed.
- The purpose of the Long Beach State Life Skills program is to provide student athletes the opportunity to develop holistically as individuals, pursue positive opportunities and to have confidence in their abilities as they face the future through a variety of programs and workshops that encourage emotional well-being, leadership, and personal and professional growth.
Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
WHAT IS IT?
- SAAC is the collective voice of the student-athlete voice within the NCAA structure to proposed NCAA legislation and any potential recommended NCAA legislation. SAAC is there to actively participate in the administrative process of the athletics programs and the NCAA.
- The mission of the California State University, Long Beach Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to create and maintain a campus environment consistent with the needs and desires of the student-athlete community. The CSULB SAAC aims to create and protect both the opportunity and the freedom of the student-athlete community to pave their own path at the university en route to achieving their own goals for the future. To fulfill the mission, SAAC will:
- Reciprocate support to the campus and the surrounding community;
- Provide student-athletes with opportunities to develop the skills and relationships necessary to achieve a competitive advantage in their professional field of choice;
- Strengthen the camaraderie of the student-athlete community by fostering the development of new student-athlete relationships as well as enhancing existing ones;
- Provide a voice for the student-athlete to the Administration regarding their welfare and needs;
- Promote efficient communication between the CSULB Athletic Department Administration and the student-athlete population; and
- Give the student-athlete a voice within the NCAA structure on proposed NCAA legislation and any potentially recommended NCAA legislation.
Beach Sweeps UC Davis in Conference Opener09/22/2016 - W. Volleyball
Long Beach State put on a complete performance in an impressive 25-15, 25-17, 25-21 sweep of UC...
FOURTH ANNUAL TOAST TO WOMEN'S ATHLETICS COMING...09/13/2016 - Beach Athletic Club
The fourth annual "Toast To Women's Athletics" supporting female student-athlete scholarships at ...
Beach Tennis Begins Fall Schedule at UNLV...09/22/2016 - W. Tennis
Long Beach State women’s tennis is in Las Vegas this weekend to kick off its fall schedule ...
Long Beach State Wraps up Non-Conference Slate ...09/21/2016 - W. Soccer
The Long Beach State women's soccer team will stay on the road this weekend as it heads to No. 4 ...
No. 7 Long Beach State Looks To Rebound In...09/21/2016 - M. Water Polo
The Long Beach State 49ers take their 6-1 record north this weekend to the prestigious Mountain...
Shourds Ties For 22nd At Juli Inkster Spartan...09/20/2016 - W. Golf
Long Beach State freshman Holland Shourds shot a 78 in Tuesday's final round of the Juli Inkster ...
Player of the Week
Nunez Picks Up Top 10 Finish In Riverside
Senior Emilio Nunez was the top finisher for the Beach at the UC Riverside Invitational, coming in under 25 minutes in an 8K to record a Top 10 finish among 392 runners.
NEXT GAME: Saturday, October 1 at Sacramento Capital Cross Challenge
LAST WEEK'S WINNER: Nele Barber, Women's Volleyball