Welcome to the Life Skills program at Long Beach State!
OUR MISSION? Enable student-athletes to grow. Empower student-athletes to succeed.
- The purpose of the Long Beach State Life Skills program is to provide student athletes the opportunity to develop holistically as individuals, pursue positive opportunities and to have confidence in their abilities as they face the future through a variety of programs and workshops that encourage emotional well-being, leadership, and personal and professional growth.
Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
WHAT IS IT?
- SAAC is the collective voice of the student-athlete voice within the NCAA structure to proposed NCAA legislation and any potential recommended NCAA legislation. SAAC is there to actively participate in the administrative process of the athletics programs and the NCAA.
- The mission of the California State University, Long Beach Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to create and maintain a campus environment consistent with the needs and desires of the student-athlete community. The CSULB SAAC aims to create and protect both the opportunity and the freedom of the student-athlete community to pave their own path at the university en route to achieving their own goals for the future. To fulfill the mission, SAAC will:
- Reciprocate support to the campus and the surrounding community;
- Provide student-athletes with opportunities to develop the skills and relationships necessary to achieve a competitive advantage in their professional field of choice;
- Strengthen the camaraderie of the student-athlete community by fostering the development of new student-athlete relationships as well as enhancing existing ones;
- Provide a voice for the student-athlete to the Administration regarding their welfare and needs;
- Promote efficient communication between the CSULB Athletic Department Administration and the student-athlete population; and
- Give the student-athlete a voice within the NCAA structure on proposed NCAA legislation and any potentially recommended NCAA legislation.
Banuelos Powers Dirtbags to 8-5 Win vs. Fullerton03/25/2017 - Baseball
Long Beach State clinched a series victory over rival Cal State Fullerton on Saturday, scoring...
No. 16 Long Beach State Uses Five-Goal Fourth...03/25/2017 - W. Water Polo
Long Beach State traveled to Northridge to take on the No. 22 Matadors for a conference matchup...
Cole Hicks Wins Decathlon at UCR Spring Break...03/24/2017 - Track
Junior Cole Hicks led Long Beach State on the second day at the UCR Spring Break Invitational as ...
No. 1 Long Beach State Drops Five-Set Contest...03/24/2017 - M. Volleyball
The top-ranked Long Beach State men’s volleyball team battled hard in front of a crowd of...
Three-Run Eighth Sparks Dirtbags Win Over...03/24/2017 - Baseball
Long Beach State was able to put up a pair of crooked numbers on Friday night, using a three-run ...
Long Beach State Starts Out Strong at UCR...03/23/2017 - Track
On the first day of the UCR Spring Break Invitational, Long Beach State got off to a strong start...
Player of the Week
McCaughan Throws Complete Game At Pepperdine
Junior Darren McCaughan tossed a complete game, allowing two hits on Saturday as the Dirtbags earned a 2-1 win at Pepperdine. McCaughan retired the final 21 batters he faced, finishing with seven strikeouts in his second career complete game.
NEXT GAME: Tuesday, March 21 at San Diego State
LAST WEEK'S WINNER: Anna Kim, Women's Basketball