Welcome to the Life Skills program at Long Beach State!
OUR MISSION? Enable student-athletes to grow. Empower student-athletes to succeed.
- The purpose of the Long Beach State Life Skills program is to provide student athletes the opportunity to develop holistically as individuals, pursue positive opportunities and to have confidence in their abilities as they face the future through a variety of programs and workshops that encourage emotional well-being, leadership, and personal and professional growth.
Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
WHAT IS IT?
- SAAC is the collective voice of the student-athlete voice within the NCAA structure to proposed NCAA legislation and any potential recommended NCAA legislation. SAAC is there to actively participate in the administrative process of the athletics programs and the NCAA.
- The mission of the California State University, Long Beach Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to create and maintain a campus environment consistent with the needs and desires of the student-athlete community. The CSULB SAAC aims to create and protect both the opportunity and the freedom of the student-athlete community to pave their own path at the university en route to achieving their own goals for the future. To fulfill the mission, SAAC will:
- Reciprocate support to the campus and the surrounding community;
- Provide student-athletes with opportunities to develop the skills and relationships necessary to achieve a competitive advantage in their professional field of choice;
- Strengthen the camaraderie of the student-athlete community by fostering the development of new student-athlete relationships as well as enhancing existing ones;
- Provide a voice for the student-athlete to the Administration regarding their welfare and needs;
- Promote efficient communication between the CSULB Athletic Department Administration and the student-athlete population; and
- Give the student-athlete a voice within the NCAA structure on proposed NCAA legislation and any potentially recommended NCAA legislation.
Long Beach State Bounces Back With Win Over...12/07/2016 - M. Basketball
Long Beach State found what it needed in a team effort, grabbing a 75-66 win over Pepperdine in...
WILSON'S CAREER GAME PROPELS LBSU TO 66-58 WIN ...12/07/2016 - W. Basketball
Junior guard Cece Wilson poured in a career-best 20 points to lead Long Beach State to a 66-58...
Beach Returns To Walter Pyramid To Host...12/06/2016 - M. Basketball
Long Beach State makes a welcome return home to the Walter Pyramid to host Pepperdine Wednesday...
LONG BEACH STATE HOSTS PACIFIC, TRAVELS TO LMU12/06/2016 - W. Basketball
The Long Beach State women's basketball team returns to the Walter Pyramid to host Pacific in a...
Nele Barber Named AVCA All-Region12/06/2016 - W. Volleyball
Long Beach State senior Nele Barber was named an All-Region performer by the American Volleyball ...
THE BEACH GET BACK ON THE WINNING TRACK WITH 61...12/04/2016 - W. Basketball
Senior Jewelyn Sawyer led the Long Beach State women’s basketball team’s offense with...
Player of the Week
Sawyer Earns All-Tournament Honors At ASU Classic
Jewelyn Sawyer was named to the All-Tournament Team at the ASU Classic after totaling 23 points, 14 rebounds, eight assists, five steals and two blocks over the weekend.
NEXT GAME: Wednesday, December 7 vs. Pacific - Walter Pyramid
LAST WEEK'S WINNER: Nele Barber, Women's Volleyball