Welcome to the Life Skills program at Long Beach State!
OUR MISSION? Enable student-athletes to grow. Empower student-athletes to succeed.
- The purpose of the Long Beach State Life Skills program is to provide student athletes the opportunity to develop holistically as individuals, pursue positive opportunities and to have confidence in their abilities as they face the future through a variety of programs and workshops that encourage emotional well-being, leadership, and personal and professional growth.
Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
WHAT IS IT?
- SAAC is the collective voice of the student-athlete voice within the NCAA structure to proposed NCAA legislation and any potential recommended NCAA legislation. SAAC is there to actively participate in the administrative process of the athletics programs and the NCAA.
- The mission of the California State University, Long Beach Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to create and maintain a campus environment consistent with the needs and desires of the student-athlete community. The CSULB SAAC aims to create and protect both the opportunity and the freedom of the student-athlete community to pave their own path at the university en route to achieving their own goals for the future. To fulfill the mission, SAAC will:
- Reciprocate support to the campus and the surrounding community;
- Provide student-athletes with opportunities to develop the skills and relationships necessary to achieve a competitive advantage in their professional field of choice;
- Strengthen the camaraderie of the student-athlete community by fostering the development of new student-athlete relationships as well as enhancing existing ones;
- Provide a voice for the student-athlete to the Administration regarding their welfare and needs;
- Promote efficient communication between the CSULB Athletic Department Administration and the student-athlete population; and
- Give the student-athlete a voice within the NCAA structure on proposed NCAA legislation and any potentially recommended NCAA legislation.
Long Beach State Hosts Reigning National...08/11/2017 - W. Soccer
The Long Beach State women’s soccer team wraps up their preseason scrimmages on Sunday,...
Long Beach State Soccer Picked to Win Big West ...08/10/2017 - W. Soccer
Long Beach State, the reigning Big West Tournament champion, received eight first-place votes in ...
LBSU Soccer Ready for Black & Gold Scrimmage08/08/2017 - W. Soccer
The Long Beach State women’s soccer team continues to prepare for the 2017 season as the...
Brian Gimmillaro Recognition Dinner To Be Held ...08/08/2017 - W. Volleyball
Fans and supporters of Long Beach State women’s volleyball will come together for an...
Ashley Gonzales Named to 2017 MAC Hermann...08/08/2017 - W. Soccer
Long Beach State senior forward Ashley Gonzales was named to the 2017 MAC Hermann Trophy Watch...
Softball To Add Four For 2018 Season08/08/2017 - Softball
Long Beach State head coach Kim Sowder has announced the addition of four newcomers who will join...
Player of the Week
Gonzales Scores Two Goals In Preseason Scrimmage
Senior Ashley Gonzales scored a pair of goals in the team's midweek scrimmage, and then led all players with five shots in a 1-0 exhibition loss to No. 3 USC.
NEXT GAME: vs. CSUN, August 18, 2017 - 7 p.m.
LAST WEEK'S WINNER: Jessica Vincent, Women's Soccer