2017 Cheerleading and Dance Tryouts
- Walter Pyramid
- May 9, 2017
- Day 2 - TBA
- Cheer & Dance - 6-10 p.m.
Video submissions will be accepted but must be received no later than April 25, 2017.
- Submit to Rey.Lozano@csulb.edu
You must be accepted into the University or petitioning in order to try out.
- Proof of acceptance required at try-out (acceptance letter or CSULB ID)
Orientation Meeting - May 25th, 2017 - 7-10 p.m.
- MANDATORY or cannot be on team
- $200 commitment fee due at orientation meeting
- Mandatory June 24th All Day Spirit Camp for all first year members
- Mandatory Spirit Camp 1 Wednesday Evening July 26th 3-hour Practice
- Mandatory Spirit Camp 2 TBD in August (Will be determined at orientation)
- Attend all assigned games and university performances without stipulations
- Must have a current Physical and submit all required university clearance paperwork
- Make All Rehearsals
- Cheer: Wednesday and Thursday at 7 p.m.
- Dance: Tuesday and Thursday at 7 p.m.
Competition Cheer and Dance Teams: Tryouts will take place at our second summer camp
- Practices for competition squad:
- Cheer Fall 2017: Sunday, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Dance Fall 2017: Sunday, 7 to 10 p.m.
Top: Sports Bra
Bottom: Cheer/Cheer Shorts or Compression Shorts | Dance/Compression Shorts (No Tights)
Shoes: Cheer/Cheer Performance Shoes | Dance/Jazz Shoes
Make-up: Game Day Make-up
Jewelry: Cheer/None | Dance/One post per ear.
You will be taught routines and be asked to demonstrate the following:
- Crowd Leading and Free Spirit
- Cheer Dance Skills
- Tumbling (Must be done on gym floor without a spotter)
- Partner Stunting will not be demonstrated until after you make the team and submit your required Physical and University Clearance Paperwork
- You must be able to do an Intermediate High School turn sequence to make the game squad. (Consecutive turns in a row with a double pirouette)
- You will be taught a short Pom Sideline
- You will be taught a short Jazz Routine
- You will be asked to make-up a short 6-8 count routine demonstrating flexibility, turns leaps, gymnastics and any advance solo dance skills and/or tricks
- Cheer Application
- Cheer Questionnaire
- Dance Application
- Dance Questionnaire
- Liability Release Form
- Liability Release Form must be completed and submitted to Long Beach State on the day of the tryout prior to any activities being performed. If under 18 years of age, a legal parent or guardian must sign the waiver before submission.
Official Online Store
12/17/2017 - W. Basketball
Long Beach State Suffers Setback to No. 7 Tennessee
12/16/2017 - M. Basketball
Long Beach State Comes Up Short In 85-80 Loss To Eastern Michigan
12/16/2017 - W. Soccer
Looking Back at the 2017 Long Beach State Women’s Soccer Season
12/15/2017 - M. Water Polo
Duncan Lynde Is Named AnACWPC All-American
12/15/2017 - W. Basketball