2017 Cheerleading and Dance Tryouts
- Walter Pyramid
- May 9, 2017
- Day 2 - TBA
- Cheer & Dance - 6-10 p.m.
Video submissions will be accepted but must be received no later than April 25, 2017.
- Submit to Rey.Lozano@csulb.edu
You must be accepted into the University or petitioning in order to try out.
- Proof of acceptance required at try-out (acceptance letter or CSULB ID)
Orientation Meeting - May 25th, 2017 - 7-10 p.m.
- MANDATORY or cannot be on team
- $200 commitment fee due at orientation meeting
- Mandatory June 24th All Day Spirit Camp for all first year members
- Mandatory Spirit Camp 1 Wednesday Evening July 26th 3-hour Practice
- Mandatory Spirit Camp 2 TBD in August (Will be determined at orientation)
- Attend all assigned games and university performances without stipulations
- Must have a current Physical and submit all required university clearance paperwork
- Make All Rehearsals
- Cheer: Wednesday and Thursday at 7 p.m.
- Dance: Tuesday and Thursday at 7 p.m.
Competition Cheer and Dance Teams: Tryouts will take place at our second summer camp
- Practices for competition squad:
- Cheer Fall 2017: Sunday, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Dance Fall 2017: Sunday, 7 to 10 p.m.
Top: Sports Bra
Bottom: Cheer/Cheer Shorts or Compression Shorts | Dance/Compression Shorts (No Tights)
Shoes: Cheer/Cheer Performance Shoes | Dance/Jazz Shoes
Make-up: Game Day Make-up
Jewelry: Cheer/None | Dance/One post per ear.
You will be taught routines and be asked to demonstrate the following:
- Crowd Leading and Free Spirit
- Cheer Dance Skills
- Tumbling (Must be done on gym floor without a spotter)
- Partner Stunting will not be demonstrated until after you make the team and submit your required Physical and University Clearance Paperwork
- You must be able to do an Intermediate High School turn sequence to make the game squad. (Consecutive turns in a row with a double pirouette)
- You will be taught a short Pom Sideline
- You will be taught a short Jazz Routine
- You will be asked to make-up a short 6-8 count routine demonstrating flexibility, turns leaps, gymnastics and any advance solo dance skills and/or tricks
- Cheer Application
- Cheer Questionnaire
- Dance Application
- Dance Questionnaire
- Liability Release Form
- Liability Release Form must be completed and submitted to Long Beach State on the day of the tryout prior to any activities being performed. If under 18 years of age, a legal parent or guardian must sign the waiver before submission.
Long Beach State Falls 3-0 At UC Santa Barbara10/15/2017 - W. Soccer
Long Beach State held the Gauchos without a shot on goal in the first half, but an early penalty ...
No. 7 Long Beach State Falls To No. 2 UCLA10/14/2017 - M. Water Polo
In a hard-fought battle against No. 2 UCLA, Long Beach State fell to the Bruins 8-6 Saturday night.
Men's Golf Heads To Simi Valley For Bill Cullum...10/14/2017 - M. Golf
The Long Beach State men's golf team makes the short drive up to Simi Valley to take part in the ...
LBSU Women’s Volleyball Stumbles Against ...10/13/2017 - W. Volleyball
Long Beach State started strong in set one, recording five blocks to hold visiting Hawai’i ...
Heartbreak As Long Beach State Falls 3-2 At Cal...10/13/2017 - W. Soccer
Long Beach State put together 19 shots on the road at Cal Poly, but after LBSU rallied to take a ...
No. 7 Long Beach State Falls To No. 9 Pepperdine10/13/2017 - M. Water Polo
Going up against No. 9 Pepperdine, No. 7 Long Beach State’s offense stalled as they lost on...
Player of the Week
Harward Records Double-Double After Position Change
Sophomore Hailey Harward switched from libero to outside hitter against Hawai'i, recording a double-double with 12 kills and 16 digs in just her second match playing on the outside this season.
NEXT GAME: at Cal State Fullerton, Tuesday, October 17
LAST WEEK'S WINNER: Natalia Munoz, Women's Tennis