Other 49er Facilities
The 49ers feature a number of other facilites the its athletics teams
JACK ROSE STADIUM (Track and Field)
Surface: SW 400-Meter all-weather track and runways
Conditions: Ideal wind conditions for sprints, jumping and throwing events.
· Featured in several TV and movie spots, including "American
Pie" and the
"Gail Deevers Story"
· Can host a full array of T&F events during a given day.
49ER SOFTBALL COMPLEX (Women's Softball)
First Game: Feb. 10, 1993
1,800 on February 12, 2000
Lines-210, Center - 220
· Used by Special Olympics each summer.
· First annual LBSU Invitational played in 2001.
49ER POOL (water polo)
· On-campus facility features two pools, spectator seating, coaching
offices and meeting room
· One olympic size pool
· Host to various tournaments
· Able to accomodate multiple matches at once
· Used for LBSU and other licensed swimming and water education
EL DORADO PRACTICE FACILITY (golf)
· Located at El Dorado GC, two miles from LBSU
· Largest, stand alone golf facility in California
· Exclusively used by the 49er golf teams.
· 11,000 sq. foot Tee Box with fairway bunker.
· 8,000 sq. foot chipping green with two practice bunkers.
· 9,000 sq. foot undulating putting green.
GEORGE ALLEN FIELD (soccer)
· Named after Hall of Fame football coach George Allen, who coached
the second to last football team at Long Beach State in 1990
· Home to 49er women's soccer since 1998
· Used in American Pie trilogy move, "American Wedding"
Shop for 49ers Gear
at the Long Beach
State Online Store