Things to Remember
THINGS TO REMEMBER | COMPLIANCE BROCHURE (PDF)
NCAA Rules and Regulations
1. Support our teams by attending and cheering at games.
2. Contribute money to the 49er Athletic Association for scholarships.
3. Arrange for summer employment of current student-athletes and prospects who have signed a National Letter of Intent. Make the Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance aware of these arrangements. Payment must be for actual work performed at the same rate of other employees.
4. Provide an occasional meal to a student-athlete or the entire team, as long as:
a) the meal is provided by an individual’s home (it may be catered)
b) the meal is restricted to infrequent and special occasions .
c) transportation is provided only if the meal is at the supporter’s home.
5. View a prospect’s athletic contest, as long as there is no contact with that prospect or the propect’s parents or relatives.
1. Provide a prospect or current student-athlete, his/her friends or relatives with any benefit that is not authorized by NCAA legislation. This includes, but not limited to: loan or money, special discounts, free services, gifts and use of telephone or computer.
2. Make “in-person,” on- or off-campus recruiting contacts or telephonic communications with a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or legal guardians. “Pre-established” relationships with a prospect, their parents and relatives, may continue with the understanding that such contacts are not made for recruiting purposes and have not been arranged by members of the 49er coaching staffs.An individual becomes a prospective student-athlete when he/she begins ninth grade. He/she remains in that category until he/she attends his/her first practice or first class at Long Beach State.
Long Beach State And The Aspire Group Welcome...07/11/2016 - General Release
Long Beach State Athletics and The Aspire Group have hired Benny Garcia to lead the on-site Fan...
Ensing, Tuaniga Win Gold at NORCECA U-21...07/11/2016 - M. Volleyball
Long Beach State’s Kyle Ensing and Josh Tuaniga helped the U.S. Men’s Junior National...
LBSU Women's Volleyball Releases 2016 Schedule07/06/2016 - W. Volleyball
LBSU head coach Brian Gimmillaro unveiled his team's 2016 schedule which features plenty of...
Felicia Taverrite Selected As WGCA All-American...07/06/2016 - W. Golf
Sophomore Felicia Taverrite was named an All-American Scholar by the Women’s Golf Coaches...
Marco Estrada Named to American League All-Star...07/05/2016 - Baseball
Former LBSU pitcher Marco Estrada (Toronto Blue Jays) earned his first All-Star Game selection...
Misty May-Treanor, Danielle Scott-Arruda...07/01/2016 - W. Volleyball
LBSU women's volleyball alumni Misty May-Treanor and Danielle Scott-Arruda have been selected as ...
Player of the Week
Duran Named To All-Regional Team In Postseason
Freshman Jarren Duran was named to the All-Tournament team at the Coral Gables Regional. The 2B saw five of his six hits go for extra bases, with two doubles, two triples and his first career home run.
NEXT GAME: N/A
LAST WEEK'S WINNER: Fatima Vergara, Women's Track & Field