Things to Remember
THINGS TO REMEMBER | COMPLIANCE BROCHURE (PDF)
NCAA Rules and Regulations
1. Support our teams by attending and cheering at games.
2. Contribute money to the 49er Athletic Association for scholarships.
3. Arrange for summer employment of current student-athletes and prospects who have signed a National Letter of Intent. Make the Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance aware of these arrangements. Payment must be for actual work performed at the same rate of other employees.
4. Provide an occasional meal to a student-athlete or the entire team, as long as:
a) the meal is provided by an individual’s home (it may be catered)
b) the meal is restricted to infrequent and special occasions .
c) transportation is provided only if the meal is at the supporter’s home.
5. View a prospect’s athletic contest, as long as there is no contact with that prospect or the propect’s parents or relatives.
1. Provide a prospect or current student-athlete, his/her friends or relatives with any benefit that is not authorized by NCAA legislation. This includes, but not limited to: loan or money, special discounts, free services, gifts and use of telephone or computer.
2. Make “in-person,” on- or off-campus recruiting contacts or telephonic communications with a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or legal guardians. “Pre-established” relationships with a prospect, their parents and relatives, may continue with the understanding that such contacts are not made for recruiting purposes and have not been arranged by members of the 49er coaching staffs.An individual becomes a prospective student-athlete when he/she begins ninth grade. He/she remains in that category until he/she attends his/her first practice or first class at Long Beach State.
Beach Soccer Battles Kentucky to 1-1 Double...08/19/2016 - W. Soccer
The Long Beach State women’s soccer team battled SEC member Kentucky to a 1-1 double...
Long Beach State Welcomes Ashlie Kite As Senior...08/19/2016 - General Release
Long Beach State Athletics has announced the hiring of Ashlie Kite to serve as a Senior Associate...
Beach Family Day @Angel Stadium08/19/2016 - General Release
Beach Family Day @Angel Stadium is back by popular demand! Join thousands of Beach fans on...
Women's Volleyball Hosting Meet the Team,...08/18/2016 - W. Volleyball
Walter Pyramid will host two special events for the Long Beach State women’s volleyball...
Women's Soccer Set to Host Kentucky and...08/17/2016 - W. Soccer
Long Beach State women's soccer begins the 2016 campaign with an eight-match homestand, starting ...
Rangel, Froment Earn Top Drawer Soccer...08/16/2016 - W. Soccer
Long Beach State senior midfielder Mimi Rangel and freshman defender Chloe Froment earned Top...
Player of the Week
Gonzales Scores In Both Games For Women's Soccer
Junior Ashley Gonzales led the Beach to an unbeaten season-opening weekend as she scored the team's lone goal in a 1-1 tie vs. Kentucky before finishing with a goal and an assist in a 4-0 victory over Fairfield.
NEXT GAME: Friday, August 26 vs. #11 USC
LAST WEEK'S WINNER: Ashton McKeown, Women's Soccer