Things to Remember
THINGS TO REMEMBER | COMPLIANCE BROCHURE (PDF)
NCAA Rules and Regulations
1. Support our teams by attending and cheering at games.
2. Contribute money to the 49er Athletic Association for scholarships.
3. Arrange for summer employment of current student-athletes and prospects who have signed a National Letter of Intent. Make the Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance aware of these arrangements. Payment must be for actual work performed at the same rate of other employees.
4. Provide an occasional meal to a student-athlete or the entire team, as long as:
a) the meal is provided by an individual’s home (it may be catered)
b) the meal is restricted to infrequent and special occasions .
c) transportation is provided only if the meal is at the supporter’s home.
5. View a prospect’s athletic contest, as long as there is no contact with that prospect or the propect’s parents or relatives.
1. Provide a prospect or current student-athlete, his/her friends or relatives with any benefit that is not authorized by NCAA legislation. This includes, but not limited to: loan or money, special discounts, free services, gifts and use of telephone or computer.
2. Make “in-person,” on- or off-campus recruiting contacts or telephonic communications with a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or legal guardians. “Pre-established” relationships with a prospect, their parents and relatives, may continue with the understanding that such contacts are not made for recruiting purposes and have not been arranged by members of the 49er coaching staffs.An individual becomes a prospective student-athlete when he/she begins ninth grade. He/she remains in that category until he/she attends his/her first practice or first class at Long Beach State.
Former LBSU Track and Field Standout Michael...05/19/2017 - Track & Field
Former Long Beach State track and field student-athlete Michael Montgomery was selected by the...
The Beach Qualifies 17 for NCAA West Regional...05/18/2017 - Track & Field
The Long Beach State track and field team will send 17 student-athletes to compete in next week...
No. 7 Long Beach State Closes Home Slate vs....05/18/2017 - Baseball
The Dirtbags welcome Hawai’i to Blair Field this weekend, closing out the regular season...
Kemonie Briggs, Riley Cooks Sweep Big West...05/18/2017 - Track & Field
Long Beach State track and field took three of the eight Big West Conference premier awards after...
Barber And Nieto Named AVCA First-Team All-Amer...05/18/2017 - Beach Volleyball
Juniors Nele Barber and Rachel Nieto were selected as first-team All-Americans by the American...
David Banuelos Named Semifinalist for Johnny...05/18/2017 - Baseball
Junior catcher David Banuelos has been named a semifinalist for the Johnny Bench Award, which is ...
Player of the Week
Smith Leads Dirtbags To Big West Championship
Senior RHP Dave Smith celebrated Senior Day at Blair Field with a career-best 8.0 innings pitched, allowing just one run in LBSU's 2-1 win over Hawai'i. With the win, the Dirtbags clinched their first Big West title since 2008, winning it outright with three games remaining.
NEXT GAME: Thursday, May 25 at Cal State Fullerton, 6 p.m.
LAST WEEK'S WINNER: Kemonie Briggs, Men's Track and Field