Things to Remember
THINGS TO REMEMBER | COMPLIANCE BROCHURE (PDF)
NCAA Rules and Regulations
1. Support our teams by attending and cheering at games.
2. Contribute money to the 49er Athletic Association for scholarships.
3. Arrange for summer employment of current student-athletes and prospects who have signed a National Letter of Intent. Make the Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance aware of these arrangements. Payment must be for actual work performed at the same rate of other employees.
4. Provide an occasional meal to a student-athlete or the entire team, as long as:
a) the meal is provided by an individual’s home (it may be catered)
b) the meal is restricted to infrequent and special occasions .
c) transportation is provided only if the meal is at the supporter’s home.
5. View a prospect’s athletic contest, as long as there is no contact with that prospect or the propect’s parents or relatives.
1. Provide a prospect or current student-athlete, his/her friends or relatives with any benefit that is not authorized by NCAA legislation. This includes, but not limited to: loan or money, special discounts, free services, gifts and use of telephone or computer.
2. Make “in-person,” on- or off-campus recruiting contacts or telephonic communications with a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or legal guardians. “Pre-established” relationships with a prospect, their parents and relatives, may continue with the understanding that such contacts are not made for recruiting purposes and have not been arranged by members of the 49er coaching staffs.An individual becomes a prospective student-athlete when he/she begins ninth grade. He/she remains in that category until he/she attends his/her first practice or first class at Long Beach State.
No. 7 Long Beach State Falls To No. 2 UCLA10/14/2017 - M. Water Polo
In a hard-fought battle against No. 2 UCLA, Long Beach State fell to the Bruins 8-6 Saturday night.
Men's Golf Heads To Simi Valley For Bill Cullum...10/14/2017 - M. Golf
The Long Beach State men's golf team makes the short drive up to Simi Valley to take part in the ...
LBSU Women’s Volleyball Stumbles Against ...10/13/2017 - W. Volleyball
Long Beach State started strong in set one, recording five blocks to hold visiting Hawai’i ...
Heartbreak As Long Beach State Falls 3-2 At Cal...10/13/2017 - W. Soccer
Long Beach State put together 19 shots on the road at Cal Poly, but after LBSU rallied to take a ...
No. 7 Long Beach State Falls To No. 9 Pepperdine10/13/2017 - M. Water Polo
Going up against No. 9 Pepperdine, No. 7 Long Beach State’s offense stalled as they lost on...
Cross Country Set To Run At Highlander...10/12/2017 - Cross Country
After taking a three-week break, the Long Beach State men's and women's cross country teams...
Player of the Week
Harward Records Double-Double After Position Change
Sophomore Hailey Harward switched from libero to outside hitter against Hawai'i, recording a double-double with 12 kills and 16 digs in just her second match playing on the outside this season.
NEXT GAME: at Cal State Fullerton, Tuesday, October 17
LAST WEEK'S WINNER: Natalia Munoz, Women's Tennis