Things to Remember
THINGS TO REMEMBER | COMPLIANCE BROCHURE (PDF)
NCAA Rules and Regulations
1. Support our teams by attending and cheering at games.
2. Contribute money to the 49er Athletic Association for scholarships.
3. Arrange for summer employment of current student-athletes and prospects who have signed a National Letter of Intent. Make the Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance aware of these arrangements. Payment must be for actual work performed at the same rate of other employees.
4. Provide an occasional meal to a student-athlete or the entire team, as long as:
a) the meal is provided by an individual’s home (it may be catered)
b) the meal is restricted to infrequent and special occasions .
c) transportation is provided only if the meal is at the supporter’s home.
5. View a prospect’s athletic contest, as long as there is no contact with that prospect or the propect’s parents or relatives.
1. Provide a prospect or current student-athlete, his/her friends or relatives with any benefit that is not authorized by NCAA legislation. This includes, but not limited to: loan or money, special discounts, free services, gifts and use of telephone or computer.
2. Make “in-person,” on- or off-campus recruiting contacts or telephonic communications with a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or legal guardians. “Pre-established” relationships with a prospect, their parents and relatives, may continue with the understanding that such contacts are not made for recruiting purposes and have not been arranged by members of the 49er coaching staffs.An individual becomes a prospective student-athlete when he/she begins ninth grade. He/she remains in that category until he/she attends his/her first practice or first class at Long Beach State.
No. 15 Long Beach State Looks to Sneak Above .5...02/21/2017 - W. Water Polo
Long Beach State will make a short trek down the 405 this weekend to participate in the Barbara...
Evan Payne Claims Big West Player Of The Week...02/20/2017 - M. Basketball
Junior Evan Payne was named the Big West Player of the Week for the second time this season after...
Softball Shuts Out CSU Bakersfield To Earn...02/19/2017 - Softball
Junior Jessica Flores went 2-for-2 with a walk, a single and a home run to help life the Beach to...
Long Beach State Drops Rubber Match at Oklahoma02/19/2017 - Baseball
No. 17 Long Beach State came up short in a 4-2 loss at Oklahoma on Sunday afternoon, letting a 2-...
No. 2 Long Beach State Takes Down No. 5 UCLA in...02/18/2017 - M. Volleyball
The second-ranked Long Beach State men’s volleyball team extended its winning streak to six...
Benton's 20-Point Game Leads Long Beach State...02/18/2017 - W. Basketball
Senior guard Raven Benton came off the bench and poured in a season-high 23 points to help lead...
Player of the Week
DeFalco Helps Men's Volleyball Continue Dominant Run
On the road at No. 5 UCLA, DeFalco had 15 kills on .483 hitting in the sweep, and had a double-double in his previous match against No. 12 UCSB, leading the Beach in kills in both matches.
NEXT GAME: Wednesday, February 22 vs. Cal Baptist - Walter Pyramid
LAST WEEK'S WINNER: Jessica Gertz, Women's Basketball