Things to Remember
THINGS TO REMEMBER | COMPLIANCE BROCHURE (PDF)
NCAA Rules and Regulations
1. Support our teams by attending and cheering at games.
2. Contribute money to the 49er Athletic Association for scholarships.
3. Arrange for summer employment of current student-athletes and prospects who have signed a National Letter of Intent. Make the Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance aware of these arrangements. Payment must be for actual work performed at the same rate of other employees.
4. Provide an occasional meal to a student-athlete or the entire team, as long as:
a) the meal is provided by an individual’s home (it may be catered)
b) the meal is restricted to infrequent and special occasions .
c) transportation is provided only if the meal is at the supporter’s home.
5. View a prospect’s athletic contest, as long as there is no contact with that prospect or the propect’s parents or relatives.
1. Provide a prospect or current student-athlete, his/her friends or relatives with any benefit that is not authorized by NCAA legislation. This includes, but not limited to: loan or money, special discounts, free services, gifts and use of telephone or computer.
2. Make “in-person,” on- or off-campus recruiting contacts or telephonic communications with a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or legal guardians. “Pre-established” relationships with a prospect, their parents and relatives, may continue with the understanding that such contacts are not made for recruiting purposes and have not been arranged by members of the 49er coaching staffs.An individual becomes a prospective student-athlete when he/she begins ninth grade. He/she remains in that category until he/she attends his/her first practice or first class at Long Beach State.
No. 7 Long Beach State Finishes 2-2 At MPSF...09/25/2016 - M. Water Polo
Six different Long Beach State players found the net but No. 5 Stanford was able to hold off the ...
Long Beach State Wins Five-Setter at UC Irvine09/24/2016 - W. Volleyball
The Beach went the distance but came out on top at UC Irvine with a 22-25, 25-23, 25-14, 18-25,...
No. 4 BYU Snatches Victory Over Women’s...09/24/2016 - W. Soccer
Disciplined defense from Long Beach State held No. 4 BYU off the board for nearly the full 90...
No. 7 Long Beach State Topples No. 6 UC Santa...09/24/2016 - M. Water Polo
Long Beach State took command early against No. 6 UC Santa Barbara and earned an important win...
Action Resumes for Beach Tennis in Las Vegas09/24/2016 - W. Tennis
Long Beach State concluded its second day of action at the UNLV Invitational in Las Vegas on...
Beach Tennis Opens Play at UNLV Invitational09/23/2016 - W. Tennis
Long Beach State began the fall season at the UNLV Invitational in Las Vegas on Friday. Senior...
- Player of the Week