NCAA Rules and Regulations
1. Support our teams by attending and cheering at games.
2. Contribute money to the 49er Athletic Association for scholarships.
3. Arrange for summer employment of current student-athletes and prospects
who have signed a National Letter of Intent. Make the Assistant Athletics
Director for Compliance aware of these arrangements. Payment must be for
actual work performed at the same rate of other employees.
4. Provide an occasional meal to a student-athlete or the entire team,
as long as:
a) the meal is provided by an individual’s home (it may be catered)
b) the meal is restricted to infrequent and special occasions .
c) transportation is provided only if the meal is at the supporter’s
5. View a prospect’s athletic contest, as long as there is no contact
with that prospect or the propect’s parents or relatives.
1. Provide a prospect or current student-athlete, his/her friends
or relatives with any benefit that is not authorized by NCAA legislation.
This includes, but not limited to: loan or money, special discounts, free
services, gifts and use of telephone or computer.
2. Make “in-person,” on- or off-campus recruiting contacts
or telephonic communications with a prospect or the prospect’s relatives
or legal guardians. “Pre-established” relationships with a
prospect, their parents and relatives, may continue with the understanding
that such contacts are not made for recruiting purposes and have not been
arranged by members of the 49er coaching staffs.An individual becomes
a prospective student-athlete when he/she begins ninth grade. He/she remains
in that category until he/she attends his/her first practice or first
class at Long Beach State.
Shop for 49ers Gear
at the Long Beach
State Online Store