Things to Remember
THINGS TO REMEMBER | COMPLIANCE BROCHURE (PDF)
NCAA Rules and Regulations
1. Support our teams by attending and cheering at games.
2. Contribute money to the 49er Athletic Association for scholarships.
3. Arrange for summer employment of current student-athletes and prospects who have signed a National Letter of Intent. Make the Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance aware of these arrangements. Payment must be for actual work performed at the same rate of other employees.
4. Provide an occasional meal to a student-athlete or the entire team, as long as:
a) the meal is provided by an individual’s home (it may be catered)
b) the meal is restricted to infrequent and special occasions .
c) transportation is provided only if the meal is at the supporter’s home.
5. View a prospect’s athletic contest, as long as there is no contact with that prospect or the propect’s parents or relatives.
1. Provide a prospect or current student-athlete, his/her friends or relatives with any benefit that is not authorized by NCAA legislation. This includes, but not limited to: loan or money, special discounts, free services, gifts and use of telephone or computer.
2. Make “in-person,” on- or off-campus recruiting contacts or telephonic communications with a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or legal guardians. “Pre-established” relationships with a prospect, their parents and relatives, may continue with the understanding that such contacts are not made for recruiting purposes and have not been arranged by members of the 49er coaching staffs.An individual becomes a prospective student-athlete when he/she begins ninth grade. He/she remains in that category until he/she attends his/her first practice or first class at Long Beach State.
No. 24 Long Beach State Opens Season With CSUN,...08/16/2017 - W. Soccer
Long Beach State women’s soccer begins the 2017 campaign with three home contests against...
Long Beach State To Add Gonzaga Transfer Bryan ...08/14/2017 - M. Basketball
Long Beach State will add a critical piece for the 2017-18 season as Bryan Alberts will join the ...
Long Beach State Plays No. 3 USC Hard, Falls 1-...08/13/2017 - W. Soccer
The Long Beach State soccer team played its final exhibition contest of the season on Sunday as...
Long Beach State Hosts Reigning National...08/11/2017 - W. Soccer
The Long Beach State women’s soccer team wraps up their preseason scrimmages on Sunday,...
Long Beach State Soccer Picked to Win Big West ...08/10/2017 - W. Soccer
Long Beach State, the reigning Big West Tournament champion, received eight first-place votes in ...
LBSU Soccer Ready for Black & Gold Scrimmage08/08/2017 - W. Soccer
The Long Beach State women’s soccer team continues to prepare for the 2017 season as the...
Player of the Week
Pingel Puts Home First Goal At The Beach
Sophomore Katie Pingel scored her first goal in a Long Beach State uniform against UCLA and finished the weekend with five shots, two shots on goal, and a goal scored.
NEXT GAME: vs. Northwestern, August 24, 2017 - 7 p.m.
LAST WEEK'S WINNER: Ashley Gonzales, Women's Soccer