Things to Remember
THINGS TO REMEMBER | COMPLIANCE BROCHURE (PDF)
NCAA Rules and Regulations
1. Support our teams by attending and cheering at games.
2. Contribute money to the 49er Athletic Association for scholarships.
3. Arrange for summer employment of current student-athletes and prospects who have signed a National Letter of Intent. Make the Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance aware of these arrangements. Payment must be for actual work performed at the same rate of other employees.
4. Provide an occasional meal to a student-athlete or the entire team, as long as:
a) the meal is provided by an individual’s home (it may be catered)
b) the meal is restricted to infrequent and special occasions .
c) transportation is provided only if the meal is at the supporter’s home.
5. View a prospect’s athletic contest, as long as there is no contact with that prospect or the propect’s parents or relatives.
1. Provide a prospect or current student-athlete, his/her friends or relatives with any benefit that is not authorized by NCAA legislation. This includes, but not limited to: loan or money, special discounts, free services, gifts and use of telephone or computer.
2. Make “in-person,” on- or off-campus recruiting contacts or telephonic communications with a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or legal guardians. “Pre-established” relationships with a prospect, their parents and relatives, may continue with the understanding that such contacts are not made for recruiting purposes and have not been arranged by members of the 49er coaching staffs.An individual becomes a prospective student-athlete when he/she begins ninth grade. He/she remains in that category until he/she attends his/her first practice or first class at Long Beach State.
No. 16 Long Beach State Gets Set For Three-Game...03/27/2017 - W. Water Polo
After a comeback win over Big West foe CSUN on Saturday, Long Beach State will host three games...
Dirtbags Walk Off With Sweep of No. 5 Cal State...03/26/2017 - Baseball
Long Beach State earned an impressive series sweep of rivals Cal State Fullerton on Sunday,...
Long Beach State Beats No. 46 Denver, 5-203/26/2017 - W. Tennis
Beach Tennis scored one of its best wins of the season with a 5-2 victory over No. 46 Denver on...
Long Beach State Softball To Host LMU In...03/26/2017 - Softball
Long Beach State finishes non-conference play by hosting Loyola Marymount for a doubleheader on...
Beach Volleyball To Host Mizuno Invitational...03/26/2017 - Beach Volleyball
No. 6 Long Beach State will host their final two matches on campus this season on Monday, hosting...
Long Beach State Wins Seven Events at UCR...03/26/2017 - Track
The third and final day of the UCR Spring Break Invitational capped a positive showing for Long...
Player of the Week
DeFalco Pulls Beach One Step Closer To MPSF Championship
TJ DeFalco totaled 38 kills on .338 (38-12-77) hitting as he helped lead top-ranked Long Beach State to a split in a crucial series on the road at No. 3 BYU last week.
NEXT GAME: Friday, March 31 vs. Concordia, Walter Pyramid
LAST WEEK'S WINNER: Darren McCaughan, Baseball