Things to Remember
THINGS TO REMEMBER | COMPLIANCE BROCHURE (PDF)
NCAA Rules and Regulations
1. Support our teams by attending and cheering at games.
2. Contribute money to the 49er Athletic Association for scholarships.
3. Arrange for summer employment of current student-athletes and prospects who have signed a National Letter of Intent. Make the Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance aware of these arrangements. Payment must be for actual work performed at the same rate of other employees.
4. Provide an occasional meal to a student-athlete or the entire team, as long as:
a) the meal is provided by an individual’s home (it may be catered)
b) the meal is restricted to infrequent and special occasions .
c) transportation is provided only if the meal is at the supporter’s home.
5. View a prospect’s athletic contest, as long as there is no contact with that prospect or the propect’s parents or relatives.
1. Provide a prospect or current student-athlete, his/her friends or relatives with any benefit that is not authorized by NCAA legislation. This includes, but not limited to: loan or money, special discounts, free services, gifts and use of telephone or computer.
2. Make “in-person,” on- or off-campus recruiting contacts or telephonic communications with a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or legal guardians. “Pre-established” relationships with a prospect, their parents and relatives, may continue with the understanding that such contacts are not made for recruiting purposes and have not been arranged by members of the 49er coaching staffs.An individual becomes a prospective student-athlete when he/she begins ninth grade. He/she remains in that category until he/she attends his/her first practice or first class at Long Beach State.
Beach Big Men Lead LBSU Over UC Santa Barbara...01/19/2017 - M. Basketball
Temidayo Yussuf scored a career-high 25 points while Roschon Prince added his third straight...
Beach Tennis Hosts Winter Invitational This...01/19/2017 - W. Tennis
Long Beach State will host the Beach Tennis Winter Invitational this weekend, getting another...
LONG BEACH STATE’S RALLY COMES UP SHORT...01/19/2017 - W. Basketball
The Long Beach State women’s basketball team suffered its first loss in Big West Conference...
LONG BEACH STATE HEADS TO UC SANTA BARBARA,...01/19/2017 - W. Basketball
Long Beach State continues Big West Conference action as the Beach travel to UC Santa Barbara for...
NO. 4 LBSU HANDS NO. 5 HAWAII FIRST LOSS OF THE...01/18/2017 - M. Volleyball
The fourth-ranked Long Beach State men’s volleyball team rallied after being down two sets ...
NO. 4 LONG BEACH STATE SET FOR HOME OPENER...01/17/2017 - M. Volleyball
The fourth-ranked Long Beach State men’s volleyball team will host No. 5 Hawaii in the home...
Player of the Week
Raven Benton Becomes The 13th Women's Basketball Player With 1,000 Points, 500 Rebounds At The Beach
Raven Benton joined the 1,000 point-500 rebound club after notching five rebounds and 12 points at UC Davis as she helped Long Beach State to a 64-51 road win. LBSU is unbeaten to start conference play.
NEXT GAME: Thursday, January 19 at UC Santa Barbara - Santa Barbara, Calif.
LAST WEEK'S WINNER: Madison Montgomery, Women's Basketball