Things to Remember
THINGS TO REMEMBER | COMPLIANCE BROCHURE (PDF)
NCAA Rules and Regulations
1. Support our teams by attending and cheering at games.
2. Contribute money to the 49er Athletic Association for scholarships.
3. Arrange for summer employment of current student-athletes and prospects who have signed a National Letter of Intent. Make the Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance aware of these arrangements. Payment must be for actual work performed at the same rate of other employees.
4. Provide an occasional meal to a student-athlete or the entire team, as long as:
a) the meal is provided by an individual’s home (it may be catered)
b) the meal is restricted to infrequent and special occasions .
c) transportation is provided only if the meal is at the supporter’s home.
5. View a prospect’s athletic contest, as long as there is no contact with that prospect or the propect’s parents or relatives.
1. Provide a prospect or current student-athlete, his/her friends or relatives with any benefit that is not authorized by NCAA legislation. This includes, but not limited to: loan or money, special discounts, free services, gifts and use of telephone or computer.
2. Make “in-person,” on- or off-campus recruiting contacts or telephonic communications with a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or legal guardians. “Pre-established” relationships with a prospect, their parents and relatives, may continue with the understanding that such contacts are not made for recruiting purposes and have not been arranged by members of the 49er coaching staffs.An individual becomes a prospective student-athlete when he/she begins ninth grade. He/she remains in that category until he/she attends his/her first practice or first class at Long Beach State.
Player of the Week
Tuaniga Leads Men's Volleyball To Two Top 10 Wins
Freshman setter Josh Tuaniga directed a balanced attack to .338 hitting with 11.57 assists per set in MPSF wins over No. 6 Stanford and No. 9 Pepperdine last weekend.
NEXT GAME: Wednesday, February 10 at Cal Baptist
LAST WEEK'S WINNER: Nick Faust, Men's Basketball
National Champion Keith Goldie To Be Inducted...07/27/2015 - Track
An individual national champion, Keith Goldie is the next 49ers star to join the 2015 induction...
Janelle Sua Wins L.A. County Women's Golf...07/25/2015 - W. Golf
Long Beach State senior Janelle Sua captured the 23rd Annual L.A. County Women's Golf...
Multi-Sport Star Stanford Brewer To Join LBSU...07/24/2015 - Track
Stanford Brewer was an early era star of both Football and Track & Field, and is the next member ...
2015-16 Long Beach State Women's Basketball...07/23/2015 - W. Basketball
The 2015-16 Long Beach State women's basketball team is looking to continue its recent success as...
Men's Volleyball Pioneer Mark Kerins To Join...07/22/2015 - M. Volleyball
Recruited by Ray Ratelle to join the 49ers in the 1987 season, Mark Kerins was the player that...
NBA & Beach Basketball Great Craig Dykema To...07/20/2015 - M. Basketball
Former Phoenix Suns forward and All-Big West forward Craig Dykema is the next selection for...