Definitions to Know
THINGS TO REMEMBER | COMPLIANCE BROCHURE (PDF)
NCAA Rules and Regulations
• Anyone who is or has been a member of any organization promoting Long Beach State Athletics.
• Anyone who has ever made a donation to the Athletic Department, men’s or women’s athletic program, or any booster organization.
• Anyone who has assisted in evaluating or recruiting prospects.
Anyone who has ever helped to arrange or have provided employment to enrolled student-athletes and prospects.
• Anyone who has otherwise promoted the University’s athletics program.
Revocation or Withholding of Privileges
• As a representative of the University’s athletics interests, you are subject to the NCAA, Big West Conference, and Long Beach State rules. Long Beach State is held responsible for your actions.
• NCAA rules mandate that the University withhold any benefits or privileges provided to a representative of athletic interests who is involved with an NCAA violation.
A “prospect” is a student who has started classes for the ninth grade. A student who has not started classes for the ninth grade becomes a “prospect” if the student receives any benefits that the institution does not provide to prospective students in general. The University requests that you treat ALL students as prospects.
A prospect becomes a student-athlete when he/she report for practice or attend his/her first day of class (whichever comes first) at a two- or four-year institution.
A contact is any face-to-face encounter between a prospect or the prospect’s parent or legal guardian and an institutional staff member or athletics representative during which any dialogue occurs in excess of an exchange of a greeting. Any such face-to-face encounter that is prearranged or that takes place on the grounds of the prospect’s educational institution or at the site of organized competition or practice involving the prospect shall be considered a contact, regardless of the conversation that occurs.
Recruiting is any solicitation of a prospect or the prospect’s family by a University staff member or by a representative of the university’s athletic interests for the purpose of securing the prospect’s enrollment at the University and/or participation in the athletic program.
Long Beach State To Add Gonzaga Transfer Bryan ...08/14/2017 - M. Basketball
Long Beach State will add a critical piece for the 2017-18 season as Bryan Alberts will join the ...
Long Beach State Plays No. 3 USC Hard, Falls 1-...08/13/2017 - W. Soccer
The Long Beach State soccer team played its final exhibition contest of the season on Sunday as...
Long Beach State Hosts Reigning National...08/11/2017 - W. Soccer
The Long Beach State women’s soccer team wraps up their preseason scrimmages on Sunday,...
Long Beach State Soccer Picked to Win Big West ...08/10/2017 - W. Soccer
Long Beach State, the reigning Big West Tournament champion, received eight first-place votes in ...
LBSU Soccer Ready for Black & Gold Scrimmage08/08/2017 - W. Soccer
The Long Beach State women’s soccer team continues to prepare for the 2017 season as the...
Brian Gimmillaro Recognition Dinner To Be Held ...08/08/2017 - W. Volleyball
Fans and supporters of Long Beach State women’s volleyball will come together for an...
Player of the Week
Pingel Puts Home First Goal At The Beach
Sophomore Katie Pingel scored her first goal in a Long Beach State uniform against UCLA and finished the weekend with five shots, two shots on goal, and a goal scored.
NEXT GAME: vs. Northwestern, August 24, 2017 - 7 p.m.
LAST WEEK'S WINNER: Ashley Gonzales, Women's Soccer