Definitions to Know
THINGS TO REMEMBER | COMPLIANCE BROCHURE (PDF)
NCAA Rules and Regulations
• Anyone who is or has been a member of any organization promoting Long Beach State Athletics.
• Anyone who has ever made a donation to the Athletic Department, men’s or women’s athletic program, or any booster organization.
• Anyone who has assisted in evaluating or recruiting prospects.
Anyone who has ever helped to arrange or have provided employment to enrolled student-athletes and prospects.
• Anyone who has otherwise promoted the University’s athletics program.
Revocation or Withholding of Privileges
• As a representative of the University’s athletics interests, you are subject to the NCAA, Big West Conference, and Long Beach State rules. Long Beach State is held responsible for your actions.
• NCAA rules mandate that the University withhold any benefits or privileges provided to a representative of athletic interests who is involved with an NCAA violation.
A “prospect” is a student who has started classes for the ninth grade. A student who has not started classes for the ninth grade becomes a “prospect” if the student receives any benefits that the institution does not provide to prospective students in general. The University requests that you treat ALL students as prospects.
A prospect becomes a student-athlete when he/she report for practice or attend his/her first day of class (whichever comes first) at a two- or four-year institution.
A contact is any face-to-face encounter between a prospect or the prospect’s parent or legal guardian and an institutional staff member or athletics representative during which any dialogue occurs in excess of an exchange of a greeting. Any such face-to-face encounter that is prearranged or that takes place on the grounds of the prospect’s educational institution or at the site of organized competition or practice involving the prospect shall be considered a contact, regardless of the conversation that occurs.
Recruiting is any solicitation of a prospect or the prospect’s family by a University staff member or by a representative of the university’s athletic interests for the purpose of securing the prospect’s enrollment at the University and/or participation in the athletic program.
1998 National Championship Team Featured in New...07/27/2016 - W. Volleyball
Long Beach State’s 1998 National Championship squad is featured heavily in the new book...
Dirtbags Hire Dan Ricabal as Pitching Coach07/15/2016 - Baseball
Long Beach State head coach Troy Buckley has added pitching coach Dan Ricabal to his staff,...
Long Beach State And The Aspire Group Welcome...07/11/2016 - General Release
Long Beach State Athletics and The Aspire Group have hired Benny Garcia to lead the on-site Fan...
Ensing, Tuaniga Win Gold at NORCECA U-21...07/11/2016 - M. Volleyball
Long Beach State’s Kyle Ensing and Josh Tuaniga helped the U.S. Men’s Junior National...
LBSU Women's Volleyball Releases 2016 Schedule07/06/2016 - W. Volleyball
LBSU head coach Brian Gimmillaro unveiled his team's 2016 schedule which features plenty of...
Felicia Taverrite Selected As WGCA All-American...07/06/2016 - W. Golf
Sophomore Felicia Taverrite was named an All-American Scholar by the Women’s Golf Coaches...
Player of the Week
Duran Named To All-Regional Team In Postseason
Freshman Jarren Duran was named to the All-Tournament team at the Coral Gables Regional. The 2B saw five of his six hits go for extra bases, with two doubles, two triples and his first career home run.
NEXT GAME: N/A
LAST WEEK'S WINNER: Fatima Vergara, Women's Track & Field